2812 Highway 2, Shubenacadie
Nova Scotia, B0N 2H0
Tuesday, March 31, 2020
Tuesday, March 24, 2020
Sunday, March 22, 2020
Tuesday, March 10, 2020
Monday, March 9, 2020
Sunday, March 1, 2020
Friday, February 28, 2020
Thursday, February 27, 2020
Wednesday, February 26, 2020
notice for our client families -updated March 22, 2020
Here at Ettinger Funeral Home, the health and safety of the families we serve and our employees are our top priorities. After today's Provincial State of Emergency announcement by the Premier and the Chief Provincial Medical Officer, we will need to work within the confines of the law to facilitate services for bereaved families. We will continue to offer 24 hour service to our client families and will maintain regular business office hours.
- -We will need to limit the number of attendees at funeral arrangement conferences to 4. Additional members will be able to participate via phone or videoconference.
- -With a 5 person limit on gatherings, visitations and funeral services will not be able to happen in a usual way at this time.
- -We offer live video-streaming of visitations and funeral services in our facility and have the capability to stream offsite in churches or cemeteries. Additionally, these events will be recorded and can be viewed at a later date
- -Postponement of services may be the option for families at this time. The government is discouraging gatherings in an attempt to limit the spread of the Covid-19 virus and we support this effort.
- -Whatever you choose, to celebrate the life of your loved one now using technology or to postpone services and mark the passing at a later date, we are here for you.
We want to assure you that the Ettinger Funeral Home team is taking proactive measures to help prevent the spread of any potential illness. We are closely monitoring the Federal and Provincial health authorities, the Center for Disease Control and Prevention and World Health Organization’s statements regarding the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) cases and following guidelines from these agencies and the local health departments.
Please know that our funeral directors will advocate for families to have the type of services they prefer, while considering their health and safety, along with the well-being of the public as a whole.
• We use strict cleaning and disinfecting protocols to cleanse our facilities after each service with particular attention paid to “high-touch” items.
• We have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting public areas.
• Proper and frequent hand washing is vital to help combat the spread of viruses.
• Employees who exhibit cold or flu-like symptoms have been instructed to stay home from work.
• We request that guests who are experiencing any cold or flu-like symptoms including fever, cough and shortness of breath or have been in contact with or have recently traveled to any of the affected countries refrain from visiting Ettinger Funeral Home at this time.
We recommend you rely on trusted and respected health services for information on the virus.
• World Health Organization (WHO) – Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak https://www.who.int/
• GOVERNMENT OF CANADA – Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) https://www.canada.ca/…/d…/coronavirus-disease-covid-19.html
• Center For Disease Control and Prevention – Coronavirus Disease 2019 https://www.cdc.gov/
• Government of Nova Scotia – 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) https://novascotia.ca/coronavirus/
If you have any questions please feel free to contact us at 902 758-3259
Al MacLeod and Staff